Call of Cthulhu: A Time to Harvest [Pre-Order]
In-store pickup available at the cafe in Penticton.
|Additional Info||More information|
Format: 336 pages, full color hardcover
Following the ill-fated Miskatonic University research expedition to Vermont in late 1929, when one student died in a climbing accident and two vanished without trace, it was almost inconceivable that Professors Roger Harrold and Ashley Learmonth would countenance sending yet another team of students back to Cobb’s Corners. And yet, a year later, that’s exactly what has been planned.
Many questions remain unanswered. What happened a year ago? Where are the missing students? What did the geology students find among the distant Vermont hills? What secrets are buried in the town of Cobb’s Corners? Are the legends of monsters in the hills true? Perhaps the new expedition can shed light on these questions and dredge up some answers?
A Time to Harvest is a six-part campaign, beginning in August 1930 and centered on the apparently sleepy and bountiful valley surrounding the town of Cobb’s Corners, Vermont. The investigators will come face to face with ancient legends, deluded cultists, and alien entities beyond their wildest imaginings.
Suitable for both classic Call of Cthulhu and Pulp Cthulhu, players take on the roles of Miskatonic University students and academic staff, chosen by Professors Harrold and Learmonth to continue the work begun twelve months earlier. From Vermont to Arkham, and to Detroit and beyond, the investigators delve into forgotten lore, strange science, and the horrors of the cosmos.
- Campaign overview, detailing the setting of Cobb’s Corners, along with the various threats the investigators can face.
- Advice for creating student investigators and how to incorporate existing characters.
- Investigator handouts and maps covering all of the campaign’s key locations.
- Ten classic pre-generated investigators, ready to pick up and play.
- Guidance on pulp-style and classic-style play.
- Optional sixth adventure for Pulp Cthulhu.
Mature Content: This book deals with mature themes and is intended for mature players.
This supplement is best used with the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game and, optionally, with the Pulp Cthulhu supplement, both available separately.
This campaign has been written with novice Keepers in mind, although there is plenty to keep more experienced game runners on their toes. The campaign has a tight focus and progresses through the chapters in a logical and linear fashion. This does not mean that the players and their investigators have no agency or ability to affect the plot—they do—but the straightforward through line is designed to be helpful for those for whom this will be their first attempt at running a multi-part campaign. Guidance is provided throughout to help the Keeper navigate through the adventures, including options to better tailor events and scenes to their player group.
- Chapter 1: Field Trip, the investigators head out to Cobb’s Corners, Vermont, to carry on the research into folklore and local geology. Things are far from what they seem, and various forces seem to working against them.
- Chapter 2: Back to School, the investigators return to Arkham to discover strange things are afoot at Miskatonic University. The behavior of colleagues and friends gives cause for concern, and not only does the fate of the Orne Library hang in the balance, but the fate of the investigators and one of their lecturers is also in question should they fail to act to contain the situation.
- Chapter 3: Federated Oil and Chemical, a powerful man makes the investigators an offer. If they accept, the investigators find themselves working for a man intent on revenge. Includes an optional sidetrack adventure.
- Chapter 4: Dark Delvings, the investigators return to Cobb’s Corners to pick up their research. Once again, all is not what it seems, and the investigators are placed in grave danger. Their discoveries may lead them to particularly unexpected territory!
- Chapter 5: The Great Harvest, the investigators are hurled into a nightmare of fire and bloodshed, and must race to rescue their comrades who face a fate worse than death.
- Chapter 6: Mission to the Moon, an optional scenario for Pulp Cthulhu (with guidance for classic Call of Cthulhu play). The heroes have one last job, this time to deal with an out of this world threat.
Appendices, containing supplementary information, including details of the spells used in the campaign, collected player handouts and investigator maps, and ten pre-generated characters for use with classic or pulp play.