We are excited to start offering pre-orders of certain games!
This is a new thing for us, and we are moving very carefully into this area. Our policies are based on those found at other successful online stores in Canada, with minor tweaks where we think we can do better / need to do differently.
If there is a game you would like to be able to pre-order from us but it's not available on our site yet, we can probably add it! Please email us at email@example.com and request it, we'll do our best to get your game pre-ordered at our distributors so we can get a pre-order from you.
You'll know when a pre-ordered game has been released because we'll remove the [Pre-Order] prefix from the game's title on our site.
If you are a cafe annual membership holder, ask us for a discount code that you can use on our website to receive 2% off your pre-orders!
- When you pre-order a game, you pay for it in full at the time you place the pre-order. Pre-orders are fulfilled in a first-in-first-out order.
- We ask you do not mix pre-orders and in-stock games in the same order - if you do we will hold your in-stock games until the pre-orders have arrived. If you do this accidentally we can split the fulfilment of your order but you'll have to pay for each shipment separately.
- We will ship your pre-orders as soon as all of the items in your order have arrived. If you know you're waiting on pre-orders and want to place additional orders to be held until the pre-orders arrive, you can leave those instructions in your order if you put the Hold/Merge Order item in your cart.
- In very rare situations, the publisher may fail to send our distributors enough copies to fulfill *their* pre-orders, which could in turn cause us to not get allocated enough to fulfill *our* pre-orders. Should this happen we will contact you and ask if you would like to wait our next shipment or cancel the pre-order. Should the publisher or distributor cancel the product, we'll refund you pre-order.
- Should the price of the game end up being less when it's released than our pre-order price, we'll issue you a store credit for the difference. If the price of the game increases, there's no extra charge for you.
- Your pre-orders are fully refundable. If we are no longer able to refund to the method of payment you provided (such as a credit card), we will issue a gift card for the refund.