Feed the Kraken: Deluxe Edition [Pre-Order]
In-store pickup available at the cafe in Penticton.
|Designer||Dr. Hans Joachim Höh, Maikel Cheney, Tobias Immich|
|Additional Info||More information on BoardGameGeek|
The deluxe components enhance your unique playing experience and push the journey to a whole new level by providing large nautic objects, which transform your dinner table into a captain's cabin.
Feed the Kraken is a hidden role deduction game, with three asymmetric factions.
All players may be sitting in the same boat, but they want to navigate in different directions! The loyal sailors must bring the ship safely to mainland, whereas the pirates crave to secretly maneuver the ship into the Bermuda Triangle. Meanwhile a crazy cultist is busy convincing parts of the crew to help him summon their dark lord —the Kraken— from the depth of the sea to save them all.
How do you play?
At the start of your journey, you will receive a secret affiliation marker. You will either be a loyal sailor, a sneaky pirate, or a fanatic cult leader. Only the outnumbered pirates know each other, everybody else will have to try to find their teammates (or convert them to their cult) as they sail along. Rum-induced visions, cabin searches, inquisitions, and mermaids will help you find out more about the true loyalties of the other “sailors”.
Who knows how to navigate?
The goal of the game is to navigate the ship towards your final destination, which would be easy if only players weren’t divided into three different factions. Each secret faction wants to reach a different area of the board. Every turn the ship will sail in one of the three possible directions —but which one will it be?
The current captain and their chosen lieutenant will study ancient sea maps and pass their often conflicting orders onto the chosen navigator, who has to make the final decision. Meanwhile the rest of the crew is busy drinking rum, gambling and telling each other tales of ancient sea monsters.
Whom shall we trust?
After each navigation, the lieutenant and navigator go off duty, and the captain has to find somebody sober enough to take their spot instead. Everyone can discuss, how well that last navigation went, who is to blame for the current course, and who should be in charge in the future instead.
Convince your enemies that it is in their best interest to make you the next lieutenant, or navigator! You can even draw your guns and become the new captain in open mutiny! But for how long will you be able to keep the trust of your crew? The next mutiny might already be waiting for you if your decisions don’t please your fellow sailors.
Feed the Kraken is a sophisticated social deduction game designed around a beautiful vintage sailor setting. It supports 5-11 players. A match is usually dealt within 45 minutes up to 1:30 hours.
• Base game
• 3 Kraken miniatures - The giant kraken awaits his next feast! These beautiful miniatures have a massive board presence, increasing the perceived threat-level of your journey, making each navigation decision more intense.
• 3D Colored badges - Highly detailed 3D 7x7cm colored badges, featuring a functional steering-wheel. Nothing beats the feeling when the Captain chooses you as the navigator by handing you the badge. Feel the weight of the badge in your hand match the weight of responsibility on your shoulders.
• 3D Draw and discard piles - Multi-purpose box system, allowing you to safely store all navigation cards between games, while functioning as draw pile and discard pile in the game. The ergonomic design developed after thousands of hours of playtesting helps you to easily draw cards from the draw pile, while preventing you from accidentally drawing from the discard pile...even in stressful moments.
• High quality faction chips - While the game can be played with action cards, cards are much more prone to getting revealed by accident. As showing the wrong card to the captain during a cabin search, or accidentally revealing any card, damages the game state beyond repair, we prefer to play with these beautiful faction chips and hide them in sea bags. Which brings us to the next items on our deluxe list...
• 11 Sea bags - These opaque bags keep players' faction chips well-hidden at all times. They make it easy to pass your faction chip to the captain without accidental reveals in case of a cabin search. The look and feel of the sea bags massively improve the immersion into the nautical theme.
• Deluxe inlay with lid - Keep all your beautiful deluxe components in their designated place. A lid closes the inlay, allowing you to travel with your game safely, even in rough seas.